ADB will hold its third Transport Forum this November 2012 focusing on the theme "Inclusive and Sustainable Transport." Featuring the world's leading transport experts, key developing member country officials and ADB transport staff, the forum will provide the opportunity to discuss and debate the most critical issues facing transport today in the Asia Pacific region.
The forum program will span the breadth of current issues in inclusive and sustainable transport -- including key sessions on urban transport, road safety, green freight and transport technologies, climate change resilience, mode choice, socially inclusive transport, road asset management, and cross-border transport -- and will also highlight leading aspects of ADB's work in these areas. New initiatives for the forum include a transport fair and marketplace which will showcase products and services of private corporations and international organizations focused on sustainable transport.
Over 400 senior-level representatives from across the region are expected to attend the forum. Registration is free.
Transport Forum 2012 activities
- Plenary and breakout sessions
- Sustainable transport marketplace for new project proposals
- Training programs on key sustainable transport sub-sectors
- Exhibition area for product and service providers
- Networking and professional interface opportunities
- Inclusive Transport
- Transport Demand Management (TDM)
- Road Asset Management
- Bicycle Sharing Systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Road Safety Audit Training